Thursday, July 31, 2008

Long Distance Run- 15K

I went into this workout feeling pretty confident. So, I'm thinking, I've been working out consistently for a month now and since running is my strongest point this'll be a breeze. Well, I was wrong. After 5K I started feeling the fatigue and doubting that I would complete the run. I thought maybe I had started too fast. I slowed down a bit and continued the struggle. After every lap (about 900m) I'd tell myself ,"one more lap Neto...dig deep". That's how bad it got. The music didn't help much either. I was using Cindy's ipod and when I most need a boost I got a xmas song. I was too afraid to take the ipod out of my pocket to change the song fearing I'd drop it in my dizzy state and ruin my rythm/pace. After about an hour of running I new I was coming close to the mark. There was no way I was going to stop now. I trotted along to the finish at 1hour 10min. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments: